The Chronosphere user interface guides you to the resources you need.
After you sign in, Chronosphere displays your personal home page. The Recent Dashboards and Recent Monitors sections link to recently viewed resources.
To view a panel of all collections, in the navigation menu select Teams & Collections. If your user account belongs to a team, collections that belong to your team appear first in the panel. Clicking a team or collection opens its home page.
To return to this view from anywhere in the Chronosphere app, click the Chronosphere logo.
Teams and collections have their own home pages populated with links to associated resources, and also customizable links and descriptions. For details, see Team and collection home pages.
Chronosphere provides a global search bar on every page that supports searching for teams, collections, dashboards, and monitors by name. To search, click the search bar or use the keyboard shortcut Control+K (Command+K on macOS) to focus on the bar, and then begin typing. Search results will appear as you type.
By default, search results include all supported resource types. To toggle a resource type's visibility in the results, click its selector at the top of the results list.
The icons in the resource type filters correspond to the icons displayed next to each result and identify each result's type. Resources in the results that belong to a team or collection also list them beneath the result's name.
The interface represents your signed-in account by your first initial in a circle. Click your account to open a panel to:
- Select your UI theme.
- Open the My Account page, which contains details about your account and your personal access tokens.
- Sign Out of Chronosphere.
- Confirm your signed-in account's email address and the Chronosphere version number.
Click Help to open a panel containing links to these resources:
- Chronosphere University (opens in a new tab) training
- Product documentation
- Support portal (opens in a new tab)
The navigation menu contains links to each of its tools and functions:
- Teams & Collections opens a panel with links to home pages for each team and collection, and also a link to your personal home page.
- Dashboards opens the list of all dashboards.
- Alerting links to tools related to monitors, alerts, and notifications.
- Exploring links to tools to query and analyze metrics and traces.
- Shaping links to metrics rule management tools.
- Managing links to administrative tools and maintenance views.
Many pages in Chronosphere include keyboard shortcuts. Press
Shift+? to display
the shortcuts on a page. Not all pages include shortcuts.